So, this is part general mod post, but mostly something more interesting. Read on for details.
Thanks to all who are now following fuckyeahfatcosplay/have submitted! Didn’t expect quite that response for a new blog! Cool! Having said that, we’re running low on submissions at the moment. I expected that, because we are a really young blog and that’s just kinda how it happens. So, if you have a picture to post/a story or text post to submit that you haven’t yet, now would be an awesome time! If you don’t have your own submissions, bug your friends. And if you don’t I’ll spam you self-centered-ly with my own cosplay pics.
Anyway, there is actually more to this post than my unsubtle bugging for submissions. In a bit, I’ll be doing a layout change because I want the layout to have the capacity for a lovely banner at the top. YAY BANNER! However, I am not artistically inclined, nor do I have the money for Photoshop at the moment. (I miss that program so hard…) Even if I did have Photoshop, my own creation wouldn’t be much more than a poorly put together picture collage. So, I present fuckyeahfatcosplay’s first contest! Whee! We’re having a banner-designing contest for all of you out there who are artistically/Photoshoply inclined. Here are the details:
- The banner needs to be roughly 1000 x 356 px.
- The banner needs to include the blog name.
- The design needs to include images of fat cosplayers.
- Any cosplayers featured, whether photographed, drawn, etc. need to be a UK size 14/US size 12 and above. (I’m aware that cartoons do not actually have dress sizes, so if you are drawing pictures of cosplayers, just make sure they look like they’re in that size bracket. Cute, anime-style, fat cosplayers FTW!)
- If you use photos in the banner, make sure you have both the permission of the photographer and the cosplayer to use the picture.
- If you use drawn images/photoshopped images/any kind of images that are not photos, make sure that you created them or that you have the creator’s permission to use them.
- You’ll have a week and a few days to design and submit your banner. Submissions will be due on Sunday, October 9th by 11:59 p.m. Greenwich Mean time. (Sorry for my friends outside that time zone. I just won’t know what your local time is unless you tell me, so we’ll stick with the mod time zone.)
- Submit an edited, avatar-sized clip/version of your banner in case you’re a second-place winner. Details about that below. ^_^
After the designs are submitted, all our followers will vote on which banner they like the best. :)
Now for the good part. PRIZES! WHEE! There will be a first prize and second prize in our contest.
-First Prize winner will, of course, have their lovely artwork displayed as a banner at the top of the site. They’ll also receive a gift certificate from either J-List or ThinkGeek (winner’s choice ^_^ ) In the amount of $15 USD.
-Second Prize winner will have their artwork displayed as a logo on the the sidebar/as an avatar. They’ll also receive a gift certificate from J-List or ThinkGeek (also their choice) in the amount of $10 USD.
A few more things about prizes:
-If you’re not from the US, your certificate will be whatever your currency’s equivalent to $15/$10 USD is. I’ll calculate the amount according to the exchange rate on the day the prize is issued. Sorry, I know how much of a pain that is. Trust me. Living in England with an account full of dollars is such an adventure. >.<
-I picked ThinkGeek and J-List because I think they’re both suitably nerdy and they both have digital gift certificates. That means no exchanging of mailing addresses and the winners will receive their prizes via email almost instantly. Sorry I don’t have a cosplay site as an option, but to be honest I don’t know which ones are reliable since I make my cosplay. Better safe than sorry, right? Plus, J-List has a smallish cosplay section anyway. ^_^
Just send in your designs as photo submissions in the submission box at the top. If you have any questions, put them in the ask box. Can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with! Happy photoshopping and, as always, may the fierce be with you.